* Currently enrolled TxState student; to compete at shows, members must be enrolled in at least 12 hours.
* Pay all IHSA and Team Dues
* Maintain a 2.00 GPA or higher
* Meet lesson, practice, team criteria to compete
Costs of Membership
Team Dues $70/semester
IHSA/USHJA Dues $40/year
Show Fees $30/class, $40/weekend trainer fee, meal money,
** Money to maintain proper riding and show attire
Where does the money go?
* Team Dues go directly to the team. This money is used to pay for travel expenses for shows, socials, and other team expenses
* IHSA Dues go to IHSA Nationals, Zones, and Regional Shows and expenses
* Lesson fees go directly to the Coach
* Sports Club teams receive very little financial support from the University. Money that we do receive is marginal and acquired the previous year through a budget process
* We can receive additional funding from the University through active participation.
* The University DOES NOT pay for any services rendered by the Team coach, nor does it pay for the use of the horses or facility
The time commitment for the Team is a perfect balance between work and play, providing team members with several opportunities to ride, while still maintaining plenty of time for their studies.
Team members are divided into lesson groups, taking a one hour-long lesson a week with the Coach. Beginner riders may need to take 30-minute private lessons before joining a group. If the Coach must cancel a lesson due to an emergency or unsafe weather conditions, the lesson will be rescheduled for a later date in the semester. If a rider misses their lesson, they are responsible to make up this lesson on their own. Make-up lesson weeks are provided at various times during the year. Open lesson spots due to rider cancellations can also be taken by a rider who needs to make up a lesson. In addition to group lessons, members must partake in monthly private lesson(s). Members are also encouraged to contact the Coach for availability to go out and hack horses.
Weekly, mandatory workouts will be scheduled to be held on campus.
Socials will be scheduled on a regular basis, as well as community service and fundraising events